- How are reviewers describing this item?
great, first, written, two and many.
- Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is minimal deception involved.
- Our engine has determined that the review content quality is high and informative.
- Our engine has discovered that over 90% high quality reviews are present.
- This product had a total of 67 reviews as of our last analysis date on Aug 21 2016.
This book explains sed and awk well and gives useful code examples to help understand how to write sed and awk scripts
This book is very well written as well as well proof read!the examples in the book cover a majority of topics and relate to a majority of topics
The book covers the material needed to use both sed & in addition, awk (specifically gawk, which is the baby of arnold robbins -- one of the authors of this book) is extremely efficiently implemented, and so awk scripts are generally faster for their chosen tasks than similar programs in perl, python, whatever
This book gives an excellent tutorial introduction to all of the features of these languages, but (to answer the whining, er, constructive criticism, of some of the reviewer) it is not going to tell you how to solve every problem you ever encounter (that is why you have a brain)