- How are reviewers describing this item?
cd, piano, first, good and played.
- Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is minimal deception involved.
- Our engine has determined that the review content quality is high and informative.
- Our engine has discovered that over 90% high quality reviews are present.
- This product had a total of 26 reviews as of our last analysis date on Oct 5 2016.
Arrau and magaloff succeed in presenting the Études as complex, beautiful and exhilarating pieces of music - that's the main reason why this recording should be one of the first recommendations for those who are interested in liszt's music as an art form rather than a series of pointless tricks and acrobatics on the piano
One of the highlights is undoubtedly magaloff's blistering performance of la campanella
That said, i prefer arrau's chasse to kissin's - somehow the anguish and beauty of this utterly unique etude come through more clearly than in kissin's temperamental - but technically flawless - interpretation
But in arrau's hands, we see liszt emerge as a phenomenal composer, and these technical everests become works of art