- How are reviewers describing this item?
ancient, world and first.
- Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is minimal deception involved.
- Our engine has determined that the review content quality is high and informative.
- Our engine has discovered that over 90% high quality reviews are present.
- This product had a total of 67 reviews as of our last analysis date on Sep 3 2018.
I thought this was a brilliant book
Ra lochlann is an unobtrusive narrator, but in depicting the defeat of matriarchy, doesn't take refuge behind a stance of 'authorial neutrality' covertly to endorse the brutalities of invading patrirachy;
I was drawn into this from the first, and extremely impressed by the wealth of background knowledge of ancient knossos and mycenae
The story of the main characters, their passions, loyalties and fates is set against the background of the concerted attack on matriarchy in bronze age greece, as typified by the ambitions of poisedon worshipping mycenae on the wealth and sea power of ancient crete, the bastion of goddess worship