- How are reviewers describing this item?
novel, loved, through, quirky and funny.
- Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is minimal deception involved.
- Our engine has determined that the review content quality is high and informative.
- Our engine has discovered that over 80% high quality reviews are present.
- This product had a total of 227 reviews as of our last analysis date on Jul 13 2016.
I am eager to read july's other books and see her film as well
There were many places were i found myself as confused as the characters in terms of what the relationships really meant, and wondered how and where they would communicate their expectations, but perhaps the most interesting thing that the book tackled was parenthood - coincidentally going through many of the same things as the protagonist at the same time, and being confused, hurt, and bizarrely unsure of as i held my own newborn in my arms
July is a master of showing us how truly out of control and bizarre relationships with other human beings are, and in many ways i think that as strange and cloudy as her characters navigate through their lives on the page, there is really hardly any books that i have read that do it more accurately - the pain of being unsure, the excitement of engagement, and the transfiguration of the self in order to be everything to the person you worship
If anything, this book truly grasps the blurred lines of sociosexual interaction, and communicates that it is okay to feel the way you do in the face of a lot of things that don’t make sense - much better than any self help book purports to work through it