- How are reviewers describing this item?
piano, camp and made.
- Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is minimal deception involved.
- Our engine has determined that the review content quality is high and informative.
- Our engine has discovered that over 90% high quality reviews are present.
- This product had a total of 27 reviews as of our last analysis date on Oct 5 2016.
Olivier messiaen wrote his quartet for the end of time in a german pow camp in 1940 after he and fellow frenchmen had been taked captive
Four captive musicians premiered it to their fellow prisons in stalag viii-a on a cold january evening
The quartet is a tonal work, rooted in the french impressionism of the early 20th century with some modes of messiaen's own invention
In the eighth movement, foullis d'arcs en ciel, the cellist plays several times a glissandi the whole length of his instrument over a piano tremolo, that sounds downright jolly