- How are reviewers describing this item?
great, set, first, piano and orchestral.
- Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is minimal deception involved.
- Our engine has determined that the review content quality is high and informative.
- Our engine has discovered that over 90% high quality reviews are present.
- This product had a total of 20 reviews as of our last analysis date on Oct 5 2016.
My only quibble on this score is the omission of the lovely alto rhapsody, which is included in böhm's similarly-priced dg st (minus the concertos and serenades, however) second, this collection features the superlative playing of the royal concertgebouw orchestra under its erstwhile principal conductor, the ever thoughtful and never self-indulgent bernard haitink
Haitink proves himself to be a formidable brahmsian
Though brahms and bruckner were not always on the same page aesthetically, they are both structurally-minded composers whose symphonies demand a commensurate long-term control from the conductor
So the four symphonies and shorter orchestral works are given splendidly musical, but never sensationalistic, renditions under haitink's baton