- How are reviewers describing this item?
novel, young, world, past and through.
- Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is minimal deception involved.
- Our engine has determined that the review content quality is high and informative.
- Our engine has discovered that over 90% high quality reviews are present.
- This product had a total of 92 reviews as of our last analysis date on Oct 15 2016.
His book was so good! the story follows the life of a young girl living in brooklyn in the late 1970's, taking ballet lessons at a local school conducted by an aged russian former ballerina, while hoping to gain admission to the prestigious ballet school run by mr
Balanchine's school of american ballet in manhattan
It's the first ballet novel i've read that not only stands as serious literary effort but also describes both the grim reality and the impossible beauty of ballet and the emotional complexity of the characters, particularly the main character, mira, and the life choices they make
If you are someone who really loved the movie 'black swan' and was lucky to catch the now canceled 'flesh and bone' tv series about ballet (strange it was canceled even after having a strong viewership and golden globe nomination for the main ballerina character), this book is for you