- How are reviewers describing this item?
great, most, best, heard and set.
- Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is minimal deception involved.
- Our engine has determined that the review content quality is high and informative.
- Our engine has discovered that over 90% high quality reviews are present.
- This product had a total of 56 reviews as of our last analysis date on Oct 5 2016.
The virtuosity of fournier coupled with the majesty of bach's suites are transformative and not to missed
Fournier uses a rare circa-1722 venetian matteo goffriler cello for these recordings; incidentally, that fournier's performance is still the benchmark for the repertory is evidenced by the fact that the original lps featuring 2 suites apiece easily sell for a good deal more than the entire cd set as priced here
For those who would actually like to have a distinct notion of how these pieces must have sounded to bach's contemporaries, i suggest the great fournier
His six suites for solo cello are like philosophy expressed through music, and dance music at that!pierre fournier's playing manages to reconcile accessibility and beauty with an unmatched sentiment of art and elegance