- How are reviewers describing this item?
arthurian, good, first, most and medieval.
- Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is minimal deception involved.
- Our engine has determined that the review content quality is high and informative.
- Our engine has discovered that over 90% high quality reviews are present.
- This product had a total of 30 reviews as of our last analysis date on Aug 19 2016.
The book is worth it for the chronicling of the lancelot/guinevere episode, perhaps the most intricate detailing and morally focussed interpretation of the legend, whose judgmental tone continues to inform new incarnations of the affair portion of arthurian mythos
In addition to the important lancelot story, chretien's stories provide a very lucid glimpse of both artistic and broadly cultural views of these staple romances, along with a crucial view into the changing nature of written accounts of legendary material that was in flux soon after the tales were put to paper
For class use not for personal satisfaction arthurian romances is a recent translation of five of the medieval writer chretien de troyes' stories about king arthur's court
The stories are erec and enide, cligés, the knight of the cart (lancelot), the knight with the lion (yvain), and the story of the grail (perceval)