- How are reviewers describing this item?
great, cd, good and many.
- Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is minimal deception involved.
- Our engine has determined that the review content quality is high and informative.
- Our engine has discovered that over 90% high quality reviews are present.
- This product had a total of 55 reviews as of our last analysis date on Oct 5 2016.
More people should listen to bill frissell superb bill frisell is good to see in concert, good to hear his original music, and not surprising he is good to hear cover one of the greatest of all time
Do yourself a big favor and get this album, another one by bill, and go see him in concert ! the overall vibe is mellow and traditional -- it's certainly the kind of album you could put on in the background of a dinner party with no complaints
Repeat listenings, however, reveal a second layer, a brilliant jazz sleight-of-hand going on right under your nose, with frisell treating the songs like jazz standards, playing the melodies through once and then letting the other instruments take over while he lays down his own uniquely subtle-yet-virtuostic through-composed parts over the changes
Lap steel guitarist greg leisz also really shines and perhaps even deserves billing on the cover