- How are reviewers describing this item?
frank, home, great, professional and quality.
- Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is minimal deception involved.
- Our engine has determined that the review content quality is high and informative.
- Our engine has discovered that over 80% high quality reviews are present.
- This product had a total of 15 reviews as of our last analysis date on Mar 20 2018.
It explains tensors in general, with a good coverage of the useful second order tensors
If it is desired to get rid of much of the reluctance in tensor calculus and fight powerfully with einstein index summation and relief the pains with christoffel symbols and riemann curvature tensor, essential for general relativity understanding then, i think this book, with solved problems and many others for practicing, is a good guide to make general relativity and cosmology more pleasant
I am a self-learner of cosmology and of these kind of mathematical topics, i used many books from the more theoretical to simpler ones and think that this and the sokolnikoff's (tensor analysis and its applications) are a good couple of references to understand this branch of tools for physics and making me more happy dominating the practice with these objects
Frustrated by the treatments of tensor calculus in relativity books, i turned to this book and was not disappointed - it gets the job done in a logical, concise and admirably clear manner